Submitted by Cliff Cernek on Sat, 03/10/2018 - 12:43pm
40 Items For 40 Day - An idea for Lent
- Large plastic bags will be given to parishioners desiring them.
- Each day in Lent, parishioners put a household item, a toy, etc. in the bag.
- At Easter, we have an in-gathering of all the bags and donate them to a yet to be determined charity or charities.
- The Charities we are considering are Big Brother/Big Sister, Salvation Army, and Roots & Wings.
Suggestions for 40 Items:
- The items can be new or not used, but new is preferred.
- Look around your house for something unused you do not want, but would not mind receiving.
- See what is on sale when you are grocery shopping.